I learnt this recipe from one of my blogger friend Archana. Thanks Archana for this wonderful recipe. I usually make adai using rice so this was the first time trying it out with ghodumai/gothambu rava. It tasted great. Fabulous nutritious dosa recipe ...tooo gud.
Broken wheat - 1 cup
Toor dal ½ cup
Urad dal 1 tbsp
Moong dal 2 tbsp
Chana dal 2 tbsp
Methi seeds ½ tsp
Asafoetida ¼ tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Shallots 4 no’s
Red chillies 3
Green chillies 2
Pepper corns 6-8
Jeera (cumin) ½ tsp
Onion(optional) - 2 medium size finely chopped
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil for greasing
· Wash and soak all the dal and methi seeds together for 4-5 hrs.
· Clean and soak wheat rava for ½ hours.
· After 3-4 hours grind the dal, green chilli, red chilli, peppercorn, jeera, turmeric, asafoetida, shallots and salt to a coarse batter.
· Strain the water from wheat rava and add this to the batter and grind it for about 1 -2 seconds.
· Then put this batter in a bowl and add chopped onion and coriander leaves and mix well.
· Heat tawa and grease it with oil.
· Pour batter in the middle and spread evenly
· Cook it on medium flame till light brown.
· Turn of the dosa and cook till fried.
· Serve hot with any chutney of your choice
Note: This dosa will be thick and coarse in texture