This recipe I learnt from a TV show Taste of Kerala in Amritha TV. This is a little long process but worth
Slightly crush 2
onions, red chillies and pepper corns separately and keep aside.
1. Wash clams 8-10 times in clean water.
2. Add little water and boil it for 5-10 minutes
3. Let it cool for some time.
4. After cooling remove flesh from the shells.
5. Chop 2 onions into small cubes.
6. Then finely chop ginger and garlic.
7. Then take a vessel and add onion, clams flesh, ginger,
garlic, turmeric and salt.
8. Add little water and cook on a medium flame for 5-10
min( so that clams and onions cook nicely)
1. Take a pan. Add 1-2 tbsp of oil.
2. Add crushed onion and fry for 2-3 min.
3. Add crushed red chilli and fry for another 5 min
4. When its colour change add garam masala and fry for a minute.
5. Then add the clams onion mix that you have prepared earlier to this.
6. Add curry leaves, mix it well and fry till you hear dub-dub sound or till
the colour change into black.
7. Add crushed pepper to it, mix it
well keep it on a low flame for five min.
8. Meanwhile heat 1-2 tsp of oil in a seasoning pan fry the coconut pieces
till light brown.
9. Pour this fried coconut on clams roast and mix it well.
Serve hot with rice and
Yummy yummy clam roast
ready to eat.