Tuesday, 15 September 2015
Sowndhale alle piyavu (adavu curry)
I got the fish “adavu/sowmdhale” after a very long time. This is one of my favourite fishes.
Adavu/sowndhale -- 7 to 8 medium sized
Grated coconut -- 1 cup
Red chilly -- 10 to 12
Tamarind -- small piece
onion -- 1
ginger -- 1 inch
green chilly -- 2 to 3
salt to taste
coconut oil -- 1 or 2 tsp
· Cut and clean fish and keep aside.
· Finely chop onion, ginger and green chilly add little salt and smash with hand so that we get all the flavours together.
· Grind grated coconut, tamarind and red chilly into fine paste.
· Boil this in a mud pot with little water. When it boils add smashed onion, green chilly and ginger mix, boil for 5 minutes then add cut and cleaned fish boil it for another 5 to minutes.
· Switch off the gas pour coconut oil over it. Close the lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
· Sowndhale alle piyavu is ready to serve with hot steaming rice.