Potato 1 medium size
Grated coconut ¼ cup
Red chilly 4 to 5
Jeera ½ tsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Butter milk or curd 2 tbsp
Curry leaves few
Salt to taste
1. Peel and wash potato, cut in to small pieces, apply salt and keep aside for a while and deep fry it till crisp.
2. Grind Coconut, red chilly and salt into a fine paste.
3. Add required water to the masala to make a medium consistency.
4. Add butter milk and mix well.
5. Season with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves
6. Add fried Potato pieces and mix well
Potato (kooka) sasam is ready to go as a good side dish with hot steaming rice.