salla is prepared with raw jack fruit and its kept mainly for rainy season. Salla Upkari is a favorite of the konkanis.
Salted jack fruit 1 cup
Red chillies 5 to 6
Grated coconut 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
· Soak salted jack fruit for 3 to 4 hour.
· Then wash with clean water 3 to 4 times so that extra salt gets away.
· Then chop them into small pieces.
· Heat oil in kadai add mustard seeds, broken red chilly fry for 2 min then add jackfruit pieces.
· Mix well cover and cook for 5 to 10 min.
· Then add grated coconut mix well cover and cook for another 5 min.
· Salla upkari ready to eat.