I was surfing through my blog today suddenly I realised that I have not posted the most common and favourite dish of Konkanis “ Daali Thoy” without which our feasts are incomplete. In our day to day menu also it plays a vital role. This is a very good combi with fish fry, fish phanna Upkari, sukka etc. This is a quick recipe and can go well with chappathi, rotis, dosa etc.
1. Thoor Dal (Thuvara Parippu) -- 1 cup
2. Green chilli -- 3 to 4
3. Mustard seeds -- ½ tsp
4. Hing powder -- ¼ tsp
5. Ghee /oil -- 2 tsp
6. Curry leaves few
7. Red chilli -- 2 or 3 broken in to pieces
coriander leaves (optional)
· Pressure cook Thoor dal in 2-3 cups of water with slit green chilli for 3 to 4 whistles.
· Transfer into vessel add salt and churn till it becomes smooth fine paste and boil for 5 minutes.
· Heat oil in pan add ghee/oil add mustard seeds when it splutter add hing powder, curry leaves and broken red chillies then fry for 2-3 minutes then pour this on dal paste.
· Amchi favourite Daali thoy is ready.
Post a Comment