sweet corn puttu
Here is the recipe for making sweet corn Puttu. I prefer to have this puttu with kadala Curry or any other gravy.
- Sweetcorn powder– 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Warm Water – 1 cup (for mixing)
- Coconut scrapes – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Mix grated coconut with sugar and keep aside.
- salt to the cornpowder Sprinkle little water and start mixing it using your hand.
- Keep on adding warm water little by little and mixing till the sweet corn powder becomes wet fully and resembles bread crumbs. I used around 1 cup of water for 2 cups of sweet corn powder
- Add 2 tbsps of coconut sugar mix to the bottom of a Puttu Kuti (mould for making Puttu). Then add sweet corn mixture till the middle of the Puttu Kutti, followed by coconut. Continue adding sweet corn and finally some coconut on the top.
- Take water in a Puttu Kudam (Vessel for making Puttu) and allow it to boil. Place the Puttu Kuti on top of the Puttu Kudam and allow it to steam.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes after steam starts coming out of the Puttu Kutti.
kadala curry (kabuli channa curry)
1 cup boiled kabuli chana
2 onions chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 tsp chilly powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 numbers Green chillies
Heat oil in Kadai, add chopped onions fry till light brown, add all the powders fry for 5 minutes. Then add tomato fry till soft add cooked chana and salt and coriander leaves, add water for gravy and cook for 10-15 minutes.